Friday, July 9, 2010

Now It's Officially Summer...

It never feels like summer until I have spent some time in Penticton in the sun and on the beach.

I got to go home last weekend for my beautiful friend Tessa's wedding. It took place at her families vineyard over looking Okanagan Lake. I have never seen a more beautiful setting or a more perfect wedding.

After a day of rain, the clouds finally broke and at 7pm, Tessa and James were married in a small french themed ceremony.

I realize I am being totally sentimental about the whole thing but I can't help it. It was amazing.

This is the entire wedding party, no best man, just Tessa's sister and a flower girl.

Tessa and James...
(ps-she remodeled a vintage wedding dress she found)
and you can't beat the skinny pants

Then Heather and I met up with Jesse McFadden in Peachland at Bliss Bakery...

...this is why I love the Valley

Jesse!

Bliss Bakery... yummy yummy cinnamon buns and ham and cheese croissants


Canada Day at the beach with cherries and bubble tea..

The sun was too bright.. couldn't open my eyes haha


.....and supper in Edworthy Park back in Calgary.. good ol' Edworthy
(so pretty Glenda!)Actually I think this was the day I got back from England..

So yup, that's summer so far... the short form version. And I am at work right now.. on a night shift. It's Slooooow. I'm trying not to eat myself awake. Seems like that's what you do to stay awake on night shift.. that and it fights the boredom. Also, it was Phoebe's birthday today so I went to that instead of sleeping.. I'm so smart. But I can't resist cake. I mean, I wanted to celebrate with Phoebe.

There are tictac's in the junk drawer for a dollar. They have been calling my name for a couple hours now... they are tuttie friuty flavor. I want tuttie fruity tic tac's so bad. Guess I will settle for the pineapple I brought but somehow, it's not quite the same!

1 comment:

  1. aww...i miss doing all the coffee shop and beach things!!!...shayla

    ReplyDelete